Millenials are considered to be one of the largest target audience. They have a buying power of $500 billion that only grows as they get older. But what makes millenials so important in the world of consumers, is their influence. Millennials have the biggest influence to other buyers in the market today.
Here are 10 things you should know about millenials to help you market them better:
1. Millennials are people who are born after 1980 and range from ages 18-35
2. Millennials seek social media approval and research products online for pre-purchase validation.
3. There is no such thing as a passive consumer. Millennials expect and want to be partners in a brand.
4. Millennials live in an image-centric social media world. Photo sharing is the best and most preferred outreach.
5. Think experience over luxury. Millennials seek share able experience of a brand over the bragging rights.
6. 1/3 of those 18-35-year-olds are interested in growing produce because of environmental sustainability.
7. Millennials want to stand out from the crowd.
8. Be mobile friendly. 41% of millennials have already made purchases with their smartphones.
9. Millennials are creative and crafty. They prefer DIY's over right out of the box.
10. Millennials are serious about the future. They think greener and cleaner.
Source: How to Market Gardening to Millenials by www.GardenMediaGroup.com